Saturday, March 1, 2008

Election blues

The little white cat that I wrote about yesterday is now gone, and it looks as though she somehow got poisoned. We always get paranoid here when this happens, and everyone is keeping their cats in as much as they can. This particular little cat was a wanderer and we often saw her out in the woods or fields when we took our walks. I doubt if it was purposely given to her, but sometimes cats eat rodents that have been poisoned and then they die as well. Anyway, that is the second cat that has died, if we count George, and it makes us all a little nervous.
We didn't feel particularly energetic so my husband and I took a nap this afternoon and didn't eat until seven, and then it was only leftovers. Now we are going to listen to a detective story on his book tape, and probably go to sleep early. I simply cannot listen to one more moment of election rhetoric from either of the candidates. If i sound cranky, it is because I am beginning to be bored with both of them. And we have until next November before the real election takes place.
Isn't Prince Harry a cutie? He somehow has more charm than all the rest of the "royals" combined. Prince William is very handsome, but Harry is cuter, I think.
Well, tomorrow is another day, and I send my love to all of you, and wish you all the best. Good-night.

No comments: