Sunday, March 30, 2008

This has been a most satisfactory day. This afternoon we had a visit with my great-granddaughter April and her mom and dad, a great pleasure to us all. She smiles, giggles, coos and listens intently when I sing to her. Then we got to keep the little boxer dog Kaya for a few days, and we are enjoying her immensely. She is extremely active and will keep us on our toes, most beneficial to lay-abouts like us. She is a little afraid of our old cat, so they keep their distance from each other, but it is a friendly sort of relationship. April will soon have two new little cousins, a boy and a girl. This is a baby-boomer year.
We just finished a very good book titled "The Amber Room." It was a novel, not historically correct, but it kept us listening late into the night. It concerned the famous amber room rumored to be in a castle in Czechoslovakia, taken down by the Nazis and hidden, still not discovered. It contained every kind of chase, mayhem and torture the author could dream up. Almost as good as the Mountain Man series.
Another trivia about myself: I come from a very long-lived family. One of my grandparents (five times removed I think) lived to be one hundred and eleven years and eleven months. My great-grandma lived well into her nineties. My mother was just short of being ninety-six when she succumbed to a heart attack. So maybe my hundred-year ambition will be realized.
Take care and keep in touch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello dear Dottie, I like reading about your experiences very much. It has made me realize how much easier our lives are today and how much free time we have compared to when you were a girl. I will come back to visit you. You are anything but boring. xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Dottie!
I, too, just found your blog and have really enjoyed reading about you! I would love to hear more of your life past 21!!

You know, you might consider writing a book... just look at what grandma moses did at her age!

dot