Thursday, March 20, 2008

Clean windows

Today is the first day of spring, and I guess we got a touch of spring fever because we washed all of the windows and doors in the house. It is wonderful to look out of sparkling clean windows into the green branches of the redwoods outside. We took special pains to dry the glass thoroughly and so far it looks great. I did the inside and my husband did the outside. We are quite proud of ourselves.
Now that I have reached the advanced age of 85, I am good for about four hours of work, and then I lag behind. When I was younger, I often worked eight hours or longer at my job in the post office and in addition did all of the housework, shopping and cooking for the family and went to school for about four hours. Now I can work just about half of the day and just goof off for the rest. I must say it is wonderful to be free of the responsibility of my younger days. In many ways being a senior has its advantages!
We are awaiting the arrival of the part for the dishwasher. I guess we will use the dishwasher again when it is operating once more. It's nice to be able to just shove them in and not have them sitting around waiting to be washed. Bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't retirement the greatest. It's much like being young but with money and few responsibilities. We've accomplished what we have managed to and don't need to prove ourselves anymore. The rest of my life is mine. Keep writing, the blog is fun.