Sunday, March 2, 2008

I am in a somewhat better mood tonight, having distanced myself from the television all day and anticipating the treat of chocolate pudding that my husband is going to make. He likes to head for the kitchen as soon as I have it all cleaned up (all wives all over the world know what I mean) but I have learned just to go with the flow and let him enjoy himself. Sometimes he cleans it up again and sometimes he doesn't but I like pudding and this will be a nice way to end the day.
This has been a most enjoyable day with a nice visit with my friend and neighbor who is up for the weekend, a nice walk, and warm weather for a change. Everytime we walk along the road we see more varieties of wildflowers blooming, some so small that you really have to look for them. I particularly like the tiny violets that bloom in the grass and the orchids that grow among the redwoods. The flowering quince is in bloom and the leaves on the apple tree are beginning to show. Before we know it St. Patrick's Day will be here and then in a week or two Easter will be here as well. I haven't colored Easter eggs for a long time but I think I'll do it this year, and maybe even bake a ham! But I draw the line at buying a new Easter outfit. I wonder where that custom came from?
My little cat has had her evening walk and is back in again, tucked up against the electric heater where she is very cozy indeed. Like all cats, she likes her comfort.
The chocolate pudding is ready! I remembered to thank my husband profusely. Take care, and goodnight.

No comments: