Saturday, March 29, 2008

More random thoughts

I thought it might be fun to write a few more random things about myself. First of all, I am very liberal in my thinking, quite independent and most certainly stubborn. I am generous, said to be humorous and sometimes given to impulsive acts that might seem unwise and often are. One day i got it into my head to put our little house on the market, so we could move into an assisted living facillity. The realtor was delighted to list my property, but when i came to my senses the next day, he graciously allowed me to withdraw my listing. Don't know what got into me. We are perfectly situated here.
I am intellectual and managed to graduate from college at the age of 65, while holding down a full-time job and keeping my housework done. I even managed to graduate summa cum laude, to the surprise of everyone, including myself.
I am an obsessive-compulsive checker. I used to check everything endlessly, fearful that the stove would be left on, the sink would overflow or the doors would be left unlocked. I have managed, with the help of my MFT licensed granddaughter, to get it under control, but there is no cure. I was afflicted with OCD from the age of four, and without diligence and practice it will come back. It is an anxiety disorder, and is genetic.
What do I look like? Ha, ha! I am no beauty and never was. My picture tells it all. But at my age it matters not a bit. As long as I can keep my senses about me I will be satisfied.
Well, that is about it. I took an intelligence test the other day and got a score of 117, so I am not on the brink of dementia yet. Adios, for tonight.

1 comment:

Dieverdog said...

that's great that you got your college degree! Something to be really proud of. I keep thinking I'll go back and take more classes but it seems so daunting at my age... and I'm only 45! You have a great sense of humor about life and it's great that you are sharing with the world. You have a terrific spirit and that shines through.