Saturday, March 8, 2008

Spring Forward

Tonight will be a short blog. This is the night we turn the clocks ahead for an hour and it will throw us all off our schedules. I really can't see any use in it at all, but we have no choice. For those of us who have retired and don't have to meet any deadlines, it isn't that much of a bother. I do remember one year when I was working and forgot to turn the clock back, I got to work one hour early and had to wait around until the door to the office was opened. I took the opportunity to go and have a cup of coffee and a roll, if I remember. I was astonished at how empty the street was, as most of the people started work at the same time and no one but me had come. That was when I worked for the state of California down on McAllister Street. A long time ago - 35 years. When I worked at the Post Office in San Rafael, it didn't matter because people were working there around the clock. The building never shut down.
That's it for tonight's blog. Bye-bye! Keep in touch.

No comments: