Friday, February 29, 2008

A Quiet Day

My little cat is sitting hopefully in front of the door, hoping to entice us into letting her go outside. Since it is after nine and dark and cold, I am going to make her stay in. My neighbor (Doris) called awhile ago and said one of the neighborhood cats was lying bleeding in the yard and the owners weren't home yet. All she could do was to cover it with a blanket and keep an eye on it until they came back. It makes me wonder if there is some wild animal out there attacking cats, since a cat named George has disappeared and we now presume him to have met an untimely end. If I let my cat out and she doesn't come back I will be out there all night looking for her. So in she stays, like it or not. I hope the neighbor cat will make it- she is a beautiful white cat with long fluffy fur.
We read in the paper that people with cats (or a cat) have a longer life -about ten years- than people who have no cats. Isn't that interesting? It seems that cat people are less likely to have heart attacks.
In eleven days my sweet little great-granddaughter will be three months old. Time has flown by and every day we offer thanks for the gift of that wonderful girl. She has given both her great-grandpa and me a new lease on life. Now we aspire to be around for at least ten years or more.
Today was a pretty quiet day for us, getting up late and just goofing off, going over income tax papers and writing out checks to pay bills and trying out a frozen dinner that cooked in the slow cooker all day and wasn't bad. We had some left over so it is now cooling in the refrigerator.
Good-night to all - keep in touch!

1 comment:

Tamca said...

Hi, George was thinking that you and he could get together once in awhile and try out some new recipes.
You could cook at your house.