Wednesday, March 12, 2008

For some reason I am lazy tonight- I am sitting in front of my computer waiting for the winning lottery numbers to be posted and of course hoping to win the big one - ha, ha! Once in awhile we get the mega number, but that is only maybe once in a couple of months. We faithfully play, however, and it is true that hope springs eternal. Like it has been said, if you don't play you can't win.
I forgot to take my pills this morning and went around with shaking hands and uncertain steps. We went in to Guerneville to put some papers in the safety deposit box and I couldn't sign my name to the register or walk unaided into the room. When I got home I remembered and swallowed the pills, and soon I was myself again.
In going through the contents of the box, I came across the presidential citation I received for my work in the Intelligence Unit when we were decoding Japanese messages. I had forgotten all about it. Maybe next time I get a chance, I will retreive it and put it in a frame and hang it somewhere, just to remind myself of those long-ago days. I don't think I paid that much attention to it when I got it.
Well, the clock shows me that it is time to check my lottery ticket. Wish me luck. Bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what's this about the Presidential citation Dottie?