Thursday, February 7, 2008

Spring is just around the corner

The weather has been cold, but everywhere we look, we see signs of spring. The acacia trees are in bloom, narcissus plants are open, my daphne bush is in bloom and the tulips are coming up. Along the road, pussywillows are open and even the California poppies are beginning to bloom. It seems to have happened in just a few days, even though it is only the first week of February. Without question, it will be an early spring.
We took a walk today, up the hill for a change. As everywhere, there were tree branches and tree leaves everywhere, The roofs will all have to be cleaned off sooner or later, although no one wants to get up there and do it. My neighbor's flat roof is absolutely covered.
I am almost done with a pretty blue blanket that I have been knitting. When I am done, I want to try to crochet a small one and see if it goes faster than knitting. It will be something new for me.
As before, keep in touch.

No comments: