Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Perfect Day

Today was a delightful day. We went on a short day-trip to Armstrong Woods Park, and strolled down the walking trail to the Parson Tree, a 351-foot tall old redwood, over 1,000 years old. It was like being in another world, hushed and shaded. The walking path was smooth and springy, and I had no trouble walking along it at all. We saw old, twisted roots of mammoth trees that had uprooted themselves and fallen long ago, and trees that have fallen only recently. There were other people walking the trail as well, but we all walked with hushed voices and marveled at the scene. It seems an unbelievable shame for the parks to be closed. It isn't a done deal, but it could happen.

After our walk, we had lunch in a little deli and restaurant in Guerneville, and got home by 2:00 with plenty of time for a nap before time to cook dinner. To cap off a perfect day, the fried chicken I prepared turned out very good and we had a nice dinner topped off with chocolate ice cream. And as they say in children's stories, "and so to bed." And that's where I am going. Good night, and keep in touch. Kiss little April for me.

1 comment:

1sockd said...

h Every time I read your blog you speak of delicious meals...Split Pea soup, Fried chicken, it makes me hungry! Tomorrow(Saturday) we're going to visit great-grandma Lelia for her 64th wedding anniversary. Also, Krisi's birthday celebration. We'll be leaving home around 7:30 a.m. and following Krisi and Nina to Stockton. Big day!!! We miss you and plan on coming to your house soon. Maybe next week? I love reading your blogs and I wish I could remember my favorite poem. "The Road Less Traveled" by Robert Frost. "Two Roads divergeed on a yellow line... I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference."