Saturday, February 23, 2008

Another Day

We went to a very pleasant water board meeting, small but very amiable. Years ago, when we moved up here, the room used to be full of people, and the discussions sometimes became heated indeed. Today there were only ten people in attendance, five members of the board, and five homeowners. I served on the water board for a number of years and enjoyed it immensely. We did have our moments of concern when a problem arose, but as I was the treasurer, my duties were not very strenuous. I used to drive up to the post office to pick up the mail, stop in at the general store for a piece of pizza, pick up my grandson from the charter school, and go on home. My fall and injury in 2002 put an end to all of that, not being able to drive a car anymore. I remember those days fondly.
We had a power failure this morning and so we rushed around pulling plugs and shutting down our electric heaters, but the power came on again within the hour, and now we have a fire in the stove and are drinking mugs of ovaltine and munching on cookies. I remembered to thank my husband profusely for the fire and the ovaltine, and he has offered to make dinner. I must he making progress. We will see. Who knows? I might be able to retire altogether from the chores of housekeeping.
It is raining hard outside and there have been warnings about high wind and heavy rain for this evening and tomorrow morning. Did I say spring was coming? On a day like today, I wonder.

1 comment:

Paula Marie Pettis said...

We're envious of your spring. We are still in mid winter. It won't be spring here for another 2 months.

Dorothy-your blogs are wonderful-Blog On!