Thursday, May 8, 2008

Shame on me

Today I went in to the clinic for a routine blood test, which I greatly dread. Since they needed three vials, I braced myself for the ordeal. The technician always has a hard time finding a suitable vein, and sometimes it entails several tries. Sometimes I have to leave in defeat and come back another day after I have had a chance to hydrate myself with glasses and glasses of water.
Today I decided to steel myself and take my mind off the procedure by telling a risque joke. It wasn't my worst joke, but it was bad enough. Unknown to me, the connecting door to the waiting room was open, and my voice and my joke floated out over the waiting crowd for all to hear. When I came out, I noticed grins and looks of mirth on several faces, and my daughter informed me of my gaffe. As I said, I know several jokes that are worse, but thank goodness I had sense enough not to recite them. Anyway, that is over for a month or two, and I shall watch myself closer next time.
Although I have a blood test almost every month to monitor my warfarin medication, I almost never hear the result. I guess no news is good news, in this case.
Now that I think about it, if my joke brightened up the day for the anxious patients out there, I'll do it again. I'm an old lady and I can get away with almost anything!

3 comments:

Joan said...

I only wish I had been there to hear the joke!

Random Thoughts said...

Please do tell us the joke...

Grandma Dottie said...

I am afraid the joke I told is a bit too naughty to print here, but here is one that is pretty good:
So an Irishman brings his mom to America and wants to show her a good American time, he thought of taking her to a bar but we all know an American bar can't hold a candle to a true Irish pub then he gets a brilliant idea, baseball, the American pasttime.

So he takes her to the game but she doesn't understand whats going on. "Why is that man running down the line" oh he got a hit mom so he made it to first base. "Well why is that man walking away?" He got struck out mom he didn't swing at a strike so he's sent back to the dugout. "Well what about that one!? he didn't swing and he's just walking down to first base" Oh well thats because he had 4 balls, before he can say anything else she jumps up and yells at the top of her lungs
"WALK PROUDLY LAD WALK PROUDLY!"
I found this on google, along with some other pretty funny Irish jokes.