Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Better Day

Thank you all for your kind comments. Today was indeed better. My husband and I took a long walk down the hill behind our house and then walked up the road toward Cazadero. Meeting neighbors along the way gave us a chance to chat and enjoy the news of the neighborhood. The birds are everywhere and we enjoyed listening to their calls and spotting the ones we could identify. Although our roses are not doing well this year, I have never seen so many birds. We have robins, quail, mourning doves, blue jays, juncos, humming birds down in the trees below the house and we can sit in the family room and watch them flying back and forth.
My husband is playing one of his book tapes that he gets from the library, and I am listening sporadically. This one is a cowboy novel and quite amusing. We just finished listening to "Gettysburg" which was enthralling and well researched. It was also very long.
I am slowly learning to use my computer. I now know how to pay bills online (though I don't like to) and I can read several newspapers and send e-mails back and force. Tomorrow I am going to try to transfer one of my essays from my document file onto my blog, so we will see how it works. It is about redheads, of which I am one, and I hope it is amusing. So for now, adios.

No comments: