Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Another Day of Politics

I missed blogging last night, and I am a little late tonight, because I have been watching the election results. I admit that i am beginning to be a little tired of it all, but history is being made and I felt I should watch. The news of Ted Kennedy's brain cancer is disturbing, along with all of the other catastrophies around the world. I was in San Francisco when the 1989 earthquake happened, and although no one in the house was hurt, it surely shook us up. I happened to be on the stairs from the basement up to the kitchen, and I crawled up on my hands and knees to keep from falling off. My husband was in surgery at U. C. Medical Center, and I was supposed to drive over and be at his side when he woke up from anaesthesia, but there were so many ambulances and police cars converging on the hospital that I could only stay at the house and listen to the car radio for news. We all know that sooner or later there will be another, but somehow we block the knowledge out and go on with our lives as if there were no danger whatsoever. I live about seventy miles north of San Francisco now, but we do have occasional small earthquakes around Sonoma and Napa.
I had one of my "lost" dreams last night, but for a change the action took place in the daytime and the sun was shining brightly. Usually I am cold and frightened, with no money and totally lost. In last night's dream I knew where I was, but I couldn't find the address I was looking for. I poked my head into the small shops lining the street and asked passers-by but no one could help. It was a rather pleasant dream, and I stopped at one point and had a sweet roll and coffee. I am trying to tell myself something, but what is it? Maybe time will tell.
Maybe it is time for me to buy the slipcovers I have been looking for. My economy-boosting check came (ha! ha!) and I had intended to go ahead and order them, but then a couple of unexpected bills came , and there will go the money! It has always been my theory that any "found money" will quickly find a place for itself and disappear in a hurry. And so it happened this time.
Anyway, it is bedtime. To sleep, perchance to dream. We will see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, found money always finds its way away from me somehow! Easy come, easy go. I hope you had pleasant dreams last night!

Dieverdog said...

Maybe your dreams are saying you are not so lost as you think, or that it's not something to worry about so much... it isn't as scary as it seems. Sounds like you did fine. I dreamed I was back at my high school and had no idea what the combination for my locker was! (it's only been nearly 30 years) but like yours, it wasn't too stressful which was nice.

Random Thoughts said...

Ted Kennedy, yes I live in Massachusetts we here about each and every move. He went boating and back to his house in Hyannis Port. What an unfortunate family when it comes to the health and well being of it's men.

Kellybelly said...

Oh my goodness! DON'T but slipcovers. They will only cause you stress trying to keep them in place. They never look like they do in the ads. Honestly do they?
Perhaps it's just me...but they drive me nuts. :)

Have a nice day