Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Think twice before taking a pill

This blog is a little bit naughty, but I wrote this for my writing class and they thought it was funny. So here goes and I hope no one is distressed by my effort at humor.

The Levitra Commercial

In the Levitra commercial it is afternoon and husband and wife are alone in the living room. No children are in sight, and the wife is reclining in a seductive position on the sofa. She is bragging that her husband has taken a Levitra capsule, and she is looking forward eagerly to what is surely to come.
"He will have a strong and lasting experience," she chortles. "It will last until he is ready."
Indeed. He is waiting beside the bedroom door, a silly grin on his face and a "come-hither" look in his eye. He clearly is ready. She, lusting creature that she is, lunges toward him and they entwine themselves in a passionate embrace. As they slither into the bedroom, she flings a final challenge. "Ask your doctor if Levitra is right for you."

Ha! Let's put the picture into the proper perspective. If it is afternoon, she will be in the kitchen, trying to get dinner together. She seems to be chopping vegetables for a stir fry. The baby is in a playpen, howling, two kids are home from school, and the dog has thrown up on the floor. Someone is ringing the doorbell.

Where is her husband? Is he in the kitchen, helping her to cope with the obvious chaos of a typical afternoon? Is he holding the baby and answering the ringing doorbell? Not on your Nellie. He has taken a Levitra capsule, and he is standing there by the bedroom door with that lecherous leer and a glazed expression in his eyes. He is clearly in the grip of a strong and lasting impression. He is ready. He wants it now.

Well, duh. He may want it but he's not getting it. No lusting female is waiting on the sofa to accommodate his condition. His timing is off and he will have to figure out for himself how to handle the problem. He will be lucky if he doesn't end up with the dreaded four-hour erection. I must say I have little sympathy for his predicament. Maybe next time he will think twice before he pops a pill.

I hope his wife burns the stir-fry.

2 comments:

Joan said...

I have similar thoughts when I see those commercials, but they are not as funny as yours! Have you seen the one where the faucet breaks and water goes all over the loving couple? That's more like my life, except there's less smiling and more bad words.
Joan

Grandma Dottie said...

Hi Joan. Thanks for the comment. I too find the broken faucet not quite true to life. I have never nor I will ever laugh when a faucet breaks. Believe me, I had a few choice words when my kitchen sink overflowed all over the kitchen and dining room floor. The one where the little boy squirts his mother with juice is a bit farfetched too. That wouldn't be my reaction, believe me. Anyway, thanks for the comment.