Friday, April 25, 2008

There was much noise and activity down the street from our house, and so we walked part way down and saw about six huge trucks parked here and there and a flatbed truck containing a septic tank with Van Renner painted on the side. So our neighbor was having a new septic system put in for his vacation cabin. That was interesting because the house next to him got a new septic tank last week. These houses were built about fifty years ago and most of them had what were called redwood boxes for collecting the sewage water, and of course they are failing now and have to be replaced. Luckily we have a modern cement septic tank, probably put in about twenty years ago. This is a quiet neighborhood but there is always something going on.
Now to the leaky water pipe. I confess that we did what I thought we would never do - we called a plumber and he fixed it in about twenty minutes. He had the newest equipment and was able to solder the joint together with no problem and so far so good, it isn't leaking. He said that they come across the mesh that we used frequently and have never found a way to get it back off. They simply cut out the part of the pipe that has it on, and replace it with a new piece.
So here I am, dishes in the dishwasher, husband taking a nap, and I am in the mood for chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. There is no escaping it, I will go out into the kitchen and make a cup of hot chocolate and indulge myself in my craving, and rest in the knowledge that chocolate is good for us. Hope everyone has had a nice day - tomorrow I will write a story about Santa's depressed reindeer. Good-night!

1 comment:

Random Thoughts said...

I am very happy to hear that your pipe is fixed. I hope that the plumber did not charge you a full hour for twenty minutes of work. I have to admit I was worried about your husbands fingers, feeling your way through soldering is a trick.