Saturday, August 30, 2008

A pleasant day

Hi. We went to a neighborhood flea market today, one which is held every year on Labor Day weekend. It was fun meeting all of our neighbors and wandering around among the tables to see what was for sale. We didn't buy, as we have everything we need, but there was yarn being given away, and I got some to finish a blue blanket I am knitting. The sun was shining and the atmosphere was pleasant and relaxed. My daughter took us there and it made a pleasant little day trip.
We had a little fun last night discovering a tiny shrew on our deck, which is something I have never seen before. Our dog kept sniffing at it, and at first we thought it was a ball of fluff, and then we saw its tiny white feet and realized that it was a shrew. It was only about two inches long, and scuttled along at quite a fast pace. I looked it up on Google and read that they are everywhere, under the leaves of the ivy and low brush. It was nowhere in sight this morning.
My husband just brought a bowl of hot buttered popcorn, which tastes especially good since we had TV dinners which we didn't like at all, and though he will eat anything put before him, I am picky and went away from the table hungry. This will fill the bill for me for the evening.
Well, so it goes. We have drifted into quiet waters and are floating in a calm haven. Night all.

No comments: