Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A short day trip

Hi. I had a lovely little day trip today down to the shopping center to try and find a new dress for the party I am attending on August 30. I found nothing I liked, but had a nice sandwich at a deli and a nice ride there and back. My daughter took me there and actually did some shopping for herself so the trip wasn't wasted. i am taking a new medication to try to improve the circulation in my arteries so I can walk better, so today was a sort of test to see how I did. i managed with a walker pretty well but did get very tired. I started to take this medicine last year, but found the side effects to be troubling. I am going to persevere this time, though, as I have been having some severe difficulties lately, and refuse to get a little scooter. If i start riding around in a scooter I am sure i will give up walking altogether. That I refuse to do.
We saw a dear little dog today in the optometrist office. It was bred long ago to be a lap dog, purportedly in the king's court, and allowed itself to be petted and fondled by every customer who came in. It was white with golden patches. I had never seen one before.
Today closes as most of the days do, with my husband and myself listening to the radio and closing the day down by watching the news on television. Last night I stayed up late and watched "Murder, She Wrote." two episodes actually, but tonight I think I will choose a more reasonable hour to retire. Keep in touch.

No comments: