Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bodega Bay

Hi. It's been a whole week since I wrote anything. To tell the truth, I am only now feeling like myself again, and I hope it lasts a while.
We had a lovely little trip yesterday, when my daughter and her husband took us out to a marine laboratory on the coast at Bodega Bay. The drive out there is spectacular, with huge rocks and sparkling waves and surfers trying out their skills. Since i don't walk well, we took my wheelchair and i rode around in it in a queenly fashion.
It is a huge place, all concrete and occupying several buildings. We took a tour, with an affable and knowledgeable guide, and everyone was most kind, insisting that we come to the front of the group so we could see better. There were ramps for the handicapped and exhibits, tide pools, a huge library and even a freshwater source. They only allow visitors on Fridays, and we felt really privileged to be able to see it.
All in all, this has been an enjoyable week, even though i didn't record it in my blog. We have been enjoying our granddaughter's little dog Kaya and are looking forward with pleasure to a visit from my granddaughter, her baby and her baby's father. They will take Kaya back home with them for a while, and then we get to share her again.
A lovely day today - warm but pleasant. Night all - keep in touch.

No comments: