Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A pleasant day

To blog or not to blog? It has crept into my routine until now I feel guilty if I don't make an entry, even if a small one. Today was such a pleasant day that I hate to end it, and will probably find some excuse to stay up late, perhaps watching TV. We are all waiting to see who Barack Obama chooses as his vice-president, but that will not be announced until tomorrow at the earliest, and I for one am hoping it will be Senator Biden.
The Olympics are fun to watch, and I have been watching the story unfold about little Caylee Anthony, although I feel quite strongly that she no longer is alive. But like JonBenet Ramsey, the full story may never be known.
Few people are alive today who remember the famous trial of Bruno Richard Hauptman, who was accused of kidnapping and murdering the little son of Charles and Anne Lindberg. Arguments raged back and forth for years, and there are some who never lost their belief that he was innocent. He went to his death declaring that he knew nothing about the crime, and it is still said to be the crime of the century.
My family has a mystery in its background, one which was never solved. It seems that my great-aunt Kate fell in love with the family chauffeur (her husband was a wealthy businessman) and she and the chauffeur ran off together. They were never seen again and although her husband offered a reward, and published a public forgiveness letter in the paper, her fate was never known. We think the two drove to California and managed to start over under assumed names. She was said to be an exceptionally beautiful woman.
Good-night all. Keep in touch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, have been keeping tabs on the Calee disappearance. Very strange and sad as I think she is gone. I look forward to hearing Obama's running mate. Last night I had a phone call from a questioning group. When I said the year of birth....lo and behold that age group was filled. Actually, I think they were after younger women. Too bad....I have lots of opinions. I read you blog each time it's posted. I enjoy your memories and tidbits about your life.

Grandma Dottie said...

Thank you so much. I love to get comments. We should know pretty soon who the running mate will be, hopefully someone who will be compatible with Obama. What a year this is going to be!

Random Thoughts said...

http://www.barackobama.com/splash/vp.html?source=SEM-register-google-biden-vpgeneral-search-national&gclid=CL2PnJ73o5UCFQeCGgodVHi7kg

He chose your pick!