Saturday, August 16, 2008

The forum

This was a very interesting evening. I made sure I watched the forum for Obama and McCain and was surprised at how well McCain did. Not that he is the thoughtful and compelling candidate that I find Obama to be, but he did give quick and decisive answers to the questions. Of course some of the questions were pretty loaded ones, such as the question regarding the infant that survived the abortion. What did they expect the answer to be? To strangle the infant? I know that some doctors and attendants would just cover it up and let it die, but no one wants to countenance that. This is sometimes done to severely deformed and damaged infants, but we are not supposed to know about that. It is a cruel world.
I was amused to see that the Bigfooted creature is pretty universally judged to be a hoax. They went to a lot of trouble over that, anyway. If it did weigh 550 pounds, that would be some load to haul out of the woods. But it probably only weighed about fifty pounds, maybe even less.
We had quite a bit of dry leaves and debris blow down out of the redwoods today, very early in the season for that to happen. It will be an early fall.
Take care and keep in touch. My blog is my window to the world.

4 comments:

Dieverdog said...

I don't know about bigfoot-there so many hoaxes done, but it makes one wonder - I like the mystery of things like Nessie in Loch Ness. But I do believe there are ghosts or spirits... Too many people have experienced things-some with multiple witnesses-for it not to be true. But of course not all sightings are real and a lot of those tv shows are hoaxes I'm sure. I don't have to have the proof you require, but I don't buy everything they're selling either-I guess I fall somewhere in the middle. I find it fun to entertain the idea of some paranormal things-makes life interesting.

Joan said...

I confess that I didn't watch the forum. I'm not sure I could have since I don't have cable.
I did watch the Olympics, a requirement for a Baltimore girl. Such fun to watch someone do so well--I'm talking about Michael Phelps if you don't follow the Olympics.
Hope you have a good day.

Grandma Dottie said...

Thank you for your comments. this will be an interesting campaign. It could lead to a surprise ending as did the election back in the old days when all of the polls predicted Dewey would win and Harry Truman walked off with the presidency. We were all surprised. Including Truman!

Anonymous said...

I did not watch the forum. However, this morning on Diane Rehm's program on NPR was an excellent discussion about the forum. I listened with great interest to all that was said.
Harriet