Friday, August 29, 2008

A couple of lost days

I haven't blogged for the last few days because, due to new medication, I have been laid low by side-effects and felt as though I had been poisoned. My husband had to do all of the housework and cooking, and even though he is a good cook, I could neither eat nor drink coffee and could hardly walk around. Finally, on the advice of the pharmacist, i discontinued the pills and drank gallons of water to effect as much of a recovery as possible. I am much better today and will return the pills to the pharmacy, as we are no longer supposed to flush them down or throw them into the garbage.
We had a little drama here in our little community, when my neighbor came home from work and discovered her Bird of Paradise plant was missing. It shook all of us up as we have had no problem in this neighborhood for years. Then we found that her husband had moved it to another location and had forgotten to tell her about it.
We are going to have a whale of a campaign this year. I am elated that Senator McCain chose such a controversial running mate as he did. I was beginning to be bored with the whole thing but this has livened everything up nicely.
Time is flying by. Before we know it, we will be facing another year. Wonder what the future holds for us all. Take care and keep in touch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read you are recovering from bad meds. I often think just reading the "cautions" on new scripts can cause a heart attack!! Yes, we are in for a very interesting election. Will our country be ready for change...whatever that truly means--or--will the tried and true scare tactics of the past persuade voters more of the same is the correct course?

Grandma Dottie said...

thanks for the comment. The events of this week have almost brought me back to normal. Love to hear from all of you.

Random Thoughts said...

So glad that you are feeling better. I hope the doctor can prescribe something that you can take without feeling ill.

I don't usually weigh in much on political issues, but I must say I feel like McCain's choice was desperate to say the least. Regardless of Gov Palin's credentials. His choice to me looks like he is trying to persuade the female Hilary voters to vote for him and a female rather than Obama. I get insulted as a woman every time I think about it. It's like he is using Gov. Palin as a pawn in his political game of Chess.