Friday, August 22, 2008

A quiet day

Today was a nice, warm day, with soft breezes stirring the branches of the redwoods. I went down to the meditation walk and watered the hydrangeas and dichondra and enjoyed the chirping of the birds and squirrels. I don't go down there as much as I should, as it is getting a little hard to walk back up the stairs. Then I watered the roses and watched the hummingbirds feed at the feeder. We used to do a lot more work on our flowers but lately we have slowed down. Time has taken its toll.
Next month I will be 86, a venerable age for anyone. But I expect to put on a little more mileage before I shuffle off. I have already down everything I had hoped to do but who knows what will turn up next? Something thrilling and exciting perhaps. I may even travel again, although it will not be by airplane.
My dear husband cooked dinner tonight, and made a very delicious spaghetti meal, with enough for left-overs tomorrow. Why does food always taste better if someone else cooks it? I watched television while he was slaving over a hot stove and only came out when he had everything already on the table. What luxury!
Well, as my blog shows, today was a quiet day but very satisfying. Night All. Keep in touch.

3 comments:

Random Thoughts said...

I love meals cooked by someone else. I'm not sure if you get to experience the flavors differently because you were not the one to add the ingredients together, it's like a taste surprise in every bite.

Anonymous said...

I think food cooked by another person tastes so good because everyone has their own personal cooking ideas and methods. When someone adds a touch of this and a touch of that they are personalizing their food. I do ALL of the cooking in our house so when the chance comes to go eat with friends....I'm there with my bib on because it's a treat for me.

Grandma Dottie said...

Hi. We had leftovers tonight and it tasted just as good as the first time. We had a wonderful day playing with my little great-granddaughter, and got to keep little Kaya the boxer dog for a week, so it has been a great day.