Monday, October 27, 2008

On Throwing Things Away

The following little ditty was presented as my offering to my writing class on the assignment we were given to write about throwing things away. I couldn't resist waxing poetic.


I rummaged in my bureau drawer
which always is a mess
I threw away my old brasiers
With pleasure, I confess.

Old socks went too and handkerchiefs
and pairs of underwear
Pajamas, scarves, belts and such
All hiding from me there.

I didn't waste a lot of time
there still was much to do.
I went into the closet
And found an unmatched shoe;

That was just the start of things
I now was in full swing
Old lipstick, powder and perfume
I threw out everything.

I could go on and on of course
I threw out lots of stuff
My husband said with great dismay
"I think you've done enough."

It sounded like an order
There was nothing I could say
Except to mutter to myself
"There'll be another day."

I apologize for an occasional spelling error in my blogs. I notice that I spelled "flour" as "flower" in my last blog. Sometimes I get carried away and don't even notice an error when I read my blog over. But keep in touch and thanks for your comments.

1 comment:

Random Thoughts said...

No need to apologize, your writing are so fun to read that I also did not notice the misspell. That and I rely on spell check to guide my errors. : )