Thursday, July 10, 2008

My battle with my computer.

I am being royally spoiled with all of the delicious food I am eating lately. Tonight was a superb roast pork with potatoes and corn on the cob. As Rachael Ray says, "Yummo!"
We had a most pleasant ride down to an old town a couple of miles from the house, with several antique stores, some art stores and a general store that has a little of everything. Up above the store is a hill that contains an old cemetery, and across the street are other small stores and a pizza place. There is also a restaurant, now closed, that used to have lines of people waiting to get a table. In front is a For Sale sign but I understand no offers have been made on it. It used to be a lively place to eat.
Today was a pretty busy day for me, and I confess that my old computer almost met its end. I had to do some typing and the mouse simply would not cooperate with me. I would try to scroll down and the whole page would turn blue. I would try to get it corrected and the whole page would go blank. The computer is over six years old, so I suppose a new one is in order. Only sheer willpower kept me from bashing it to pieces with a hammer. My husband kept urging me to "Clean the mouse," which didn't help since i couldn't figure out how to do it. Finally, though, I did finish and got it proofread, and all is well. It needed our signatures, and three witnesses, so our little friend, my husband and myself walked up to our neighbor's house and they graciously signed and dated it, making it a legal document. They actually seemed to be delighted to do it for us, We chose them because they have known us for sixteen years and we have always liked one another.
It occurred to me, as I watched yet another news story of a wife and two children being killed by the husband and father, that these crimes are being committed more and more often. I wonder if these men suffered some damage to their brains as children, or if some unsuspected virus caused the brain to be altered. I hope that in future some testing will be done so it can be prevented.
All is calm and peaceful here. Kia is sleeping in her bed and the cat is on the sofa. Good-night all.

No comments: