Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A delicious bowl of stew.

Today has been a most pleasant day. A dear friend from long ago is visiting, and because she is an excellent cook, I asked her if she would cook up a batch of stew. While she and my husband worked together in the kitchen, I reclined on the sofa, telling them to consider me deep in a coma. It was wonderful, and we had the best stew I have ever eaten for dinner. She will be here for a week, but will be staying most of the time at my daughter's. Since I find cooking to be at best a challenge, I was thrilled to have someone else be responsible for today. Tomorrow we will have turkey dinner at my daughter's. How lucky can I get?
Today was quite warm, but a cool breeze has come up, and we have all of the windows open and the house is cooling down rapidly. Since we live near the coast, we have very moderate weather here. Further inland, where my grandson lives, it got up to almost 100 degrees today. Luckily, he works in an air conditioned office, and thus stays comfortable while at work.
Both the dog and the cat are inside for the night (it's after nine O'Clock) and we will listen to a book tape for a while. Then it will be time to retire and another adventure with dreams will ensue. Hope mine will be pleasant. Night.

1 comment:

Random Thoughts said...

Stew and Turkey dinner, both sound very yummy, but it is much too hot and humid to cook either here in New England.