Friday, July 4, 2008

Fireworks

I just watched the Washington D. C. Fourth of July program - very exciting. There was a young singer with a glorious soprano voice who sang "Shenandoah" and, of all things, a very senior Jerry Lee Lewis who sang "Great Balls of Fire." I watched from the comfort of my living room sofa, of course, but it did bring back memories of the days when I was stationed there during the war. I didn't get to see fireworks then because it was wartime and I don't think I got off the base for events like that.
Yesterday was somewhat chaotic because for some reason our little dog decided that the time had come for her to hassle our little cat and she chased her down into the blackberry bushes. We all ran out and clapped our hands and shouted for her to come back, which she did eventually, but the poor little cat stayed down there until after dark. We thought we would have to look for her by flashlight, but at about 9:00 she came creeping back onto the deck and into the house. We naturally made a great fuss over her and saw that she had fresh food to eat. I hope they learn to get along together.
The Boston Pops program comes on in a few minutes so I will get a double treat tonight. Adios!

1 comment:

Random Thoughts said...

I once saw the Washington D.C. fireworks in person they were one of the most spectacular shows I have seen ever. I live quite close to Boston, but have never made the trip with the tens of thousands of people to see those in person. The comfort of my living room always seems so appealing.