Monday, September 22, 2008

A changing world

I'm not sure I like having my computer in my bedroom, but I will keep it here for awhile and maybe I will get used to it. It is nice and quiet in here, with no TV or radio to distract me.
My husband and i have been having quiet days here, trying to think up new food ideas and watching the financial world turn upside down. The consensus of opinion is that something has to be done, but no one is in agreement on what to do. No one dreamed it would come to this!
Now and then an amusing little episode will occur that causes us to chuckle a little. Yesterday my husband made French Toast, a dish that he enjoys making and does rather well. He served up my portion and I seated myself at the table and began to enjoy my meal. In a few minutes he joined me, with his plate neatly covered with delicious-looking slices browned to perfection, and absent-mindedly began shaking salt and pepper over his plate. He had forgotten he was eating French Toast and thought he had scrambled eggs! He was goodnatured about it, and poured on maple syrup and ate it as it was.
i am constantly amazed at how much he can do with his very limited vision. Cooking is no problem to him at all. Except for an occasional spill or dropped egg, he is more adept than I am. Luckily for both of us.
Good-night. Keep in touch.

No comments: