Monday, September 15, 2008

A down day for Wall Street

This has been an interesting day, if not unexpected, with the stock market dropping and many people in peril of losing their investments, although we are assured that savings are safe. My husband and I drew out all of our investments sixteen years ago when we bought our house, but almost everyone we know has at least some money in a 401K or Roth account. I suppose we should mourn the fact that houses have lost value as well, but we will not be selling anyway. It is going to be an interesting couple of months until the election, as well. I guess I will stick around and see what happens. One of the great advantages of being my age is the ability to look with detachment on the momentous events happening every day.
There is a rumor going around that there is going to be a cataclysmic event in the year 2012, one that will change the world forever. We listen to Coast to Coast radio, and one of the speakers declared that this year is actually 2012 because there was an error in charting the calendar. Isn't that interesting? I don't believe for a minute that a comet is going to collide with the earth or a monstrous earthquake is going to take out California. There will of course be earthquakes, with horrible destruction, but the earth will go on as before. At least that is my belief.
This has been a lovely day here in the redwoods. Actually, this is my favorite time of year. The redwoods are shedding their fronds, as they do in the fall, but the roses and hydrangeas are still blooming and the hummingbirds are bold and sassy. Take care and keep in touch.

1 comment:

Random Thoughts said...

I do not understand living life for Armageddon.