Thursday, June 10, 2010

cookies in the oven

Altogether a quiet day, with my husband resting up in the big purple chair, trying to be as tranquil as possible. This is hard for him to do, as he has a type A personality, with frequent outbursts of irritation and an occasional temper tantrum. With his aneurysm on his mind, he knows that it behooves him to remain calm, which in a way is a blessing, as it means I can no longer nag him or criticize what he does. It is imperative that he keeps his blood pressure down and his pulse low and steady. It is a little like living with a time bomb and I will be glad when it is all fixed.
We are baking cookies, in anticipation of a visit with my granddaughter and little April, our little angel. We tried a new recipe and it turned out pretty well, although I ran out of peanut butter, but it will turn out all right. They will all be eaten!
The weather is lovely up here and the roses are all in bloom and the apple tree is getting apples so we just sit around contentedly and watch the hummingbirds fly around the feeders. I am trying to let the housework go and just enjoy myself, but having been raised with a strong work ethic, it is heavy going. But if I work at it, i can probably do it.
We all had chores as children and only a serious illness could get us out of it. We started doing chores as soon as we started school and washing dishes and scrubbing floors were the least of it. Why was it so important? We certainly didn't learn from it.
Well, the last batch of cookies is waiting to come out, and I am ready to eat a few. Take care and keep in touch.

No comments: