Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Belmont race

This has been a quiet day,with quite a bit of time spent watching the Belmont Race on television, with an exciting finish with a 28-to-one winner! They stretch out the event with commercials and interviews with the jockeys, but I always watch it nevertheless. Then I made dinner, which was nothing to brag about, but we ate it anyway. Now I am going to watch some television and so the evening will go.
I am trying to train myself not to feel that I have to swiffer and vacuum every single day. With just my husband and myself living here it just doesn't need that much attention. But habit dies hard.
Got a letter today telling me that my doctor at the clinic will be leaving at the end of June. I will be sorry to see him go - he had a great sense of humor and kept me going pretty well. Take care and keep in touch.

1 comment:

Random Thoughts said...

Hope you enjoyed the day!