Saturday, October 24, 2009

Gather ye roses

Things are moving along! The new well is in and producing water, we have our winter's supply of wood in the garage, and I am feeling much better. The weather has been very pleasant and the maple trees are in glorious color. I am reminded of an old poem that begins "Gather ye roses while ye may " which rather expresses my sentiments for this period of time. "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think." Consider that I usually gaze out at the world through dark glasses, this is a new mood for me. Could it be that my mind-altering exercises are bearing fruit? Wouldn't that be pleasant"
We ate left-over chicken soup for dinner, and will have cookies for dessert later. Unless my husband makes pudding or something equally tasty. Now that Dr. Oz has proclaimed chocolate to be good for us, I no longer have to feel guilty when I eat it. He also urges us to eat sardines!
Well, I shall go and watch Mash on TV and catch Dr.. Oz at eight. Take care and keep in touch.

No comments: