Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dr. Oz

We have been watching a TV program called "Dr. Oz" which is very interesting. He extols the virtues of health-promoting foods, like sardines and dandelion greens, demonstrates exercises and encourages obese people to lose weight. Last night he featured a woman who lost 150 pounds and looked fabulous. Here in our time zone it comes on at 8 on channel 6.
I have been practising (or trying to practice) mind control. Since I am a worrier and obsessive compulsive, it makes sense that I could direct my thoughts into constructive channels. Since I have only now started this endeavor, I have no idea if it will help or not. I have my OCD under control pretty well, and no longer have to get up in the middle of the night to check on the water, heaters and doors. I check them before going to bed and that is it. That in itself is quite an accomplishment.
Flu has come to our little neighborhood, and I am glad I went and got the shot. One whole family is down with it.. Further up the street, the children have been found to have lice, which is an inconvenience but not as serious.
Well, maybe my blogs will become a kind of day-to-day journal that my descendants will read. I hope so. Bye for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back again Dottie. We missed you. Glad you are feeling better. Keep on blogging.