Monday, June 23, 2008

Wood smoke in the air

Today has been hazy with woodsmoke all day, drifting down from the fires a hundred and more miles away. When I look over to the mountains South of my house, the air is blue with smoke and even in our canyon up from the creek I can detect the odor of the fires burning. They present a terrifying sight when seen on television. I hope there isn't a loss of life, at least. We anxiously watch out for our area, and make plans for an exit if necessary.
My husband did our food shopping today, and brought home a delicious barbecued chicken, so I didn't have to cook dinner and we had practically no dishes to put into the dishwasher. What luxury! I admit to being lazy in my old age! About half the time, my husband cooks anyway, and says he enjoys it. How lucky can a person get?
This is going to be somewhat short, because we have a good book tape going and I will listen to it for awhile. Sometimes we listen to a couple of them a day. If we don't like the book, we simply take out the tape and try another one. He gets five or six a week.
Take care. Will blog again tomorrow.

No comments: