Friday, January 11, 2008

A short day trip

When I started posting on my blog spot, I wondered if I would have enough to write about, since we llive a quiet life here. But each day is different, and so far I have had no trouble putting down my thoughts. Today was no exception. We had to go in for Grandpa Bill's checkup, so we took a trip to Santa Rosa, down the back road through Forestville. This is one of my favorite seasons, with lambs being born and little calves grazing in the fields. The acacia trees are beginning to bloom, as well as crocuses and yellow mustard. It was sunny and fairly warm, and we stopped on the way in and I bought some yarn to knit a blanket for Erin's expected baby, and we had lunch at Narci's in Coddingtown. Grandpa Bill didn't get exactly what he was hoping to hear, but will have to come back in three months. But that is better than the dreaded injection treatment.
I am posting later than usual because I got stuck in front of the TV set until almost nine O'Clock. Well, to tell the truth, I fell asleep for about an hour. Then I roused up and started the dishwasher and it is churning around right now. What a pleasant sound. Well, more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Paula Marie Pettis said...

The weather here won't be that nice for another 3 months! We have about 6 inches of snow covering the ground right now.