Monday, January 28, 2008

A momentous event happened today - the Kennedys endorsed Barack Oboma! At least it seemed momentous. The Kennedys still wield a powerful clout in spite of all that has happened. They have good speech writers, of course. And when Ted Kennedy sends forth his powerful voice, it makes quite an impact. It makes Hilary Clinton seem pallid in comparison. I have already cast my vote, so I suppose it is a waste of time for me to watch the debates and related events, but I still like to keep abreast of what is happening out there. We lead very quiet and sheltered lives here in our little community, so thank goodness for television!
It has been unseasonably cold for the past few days, so I have taken to wearing my husbands thermal underwear, which on me looks like I am wearing a jogging outfit. It is so warm that I don't even mind that we have run out of logs for the woodburner and are constrained to keep warm with a small electric heater mounted on the wall and a portable DeLongi heater in another room. Bill gets along by wearing a couple of sweaters and an outer jacket. When he goes to bed he has an electric blanket, three single blankets and a comforter, and he tops it all off with a throw blanket that surely was intended for an Arctic outing. Believe me, when he goes under the covers, he is there to stay!
A flock of birds was outside my window again today. My neighbors cat was prowling around amongst the rose bushes but I think she went home without catching anything. It is only the end of January but the return of the birds makes us think that Spring is going to come any day now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too think spring will come early this year.