Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A quiet day

Gray and gloomy all day, but no rain fell. We composed ourselves from the drama of the wall heater and tidied up the house. I actually tried a new recipe for dinner, one featured on Rachel Ray's TV program, and to our surprise, it turned out pretty tasty. I am not one to cook unless I have to, but this dish was easy and only took about forty minutes from start to finish, so we are now settling in for the evening. Maybe some television, or a book tape. The cat is up and about, outside right now. She is very old, over twenty-three years old, and we pamper her beyond all reason. She will only eat canned salmon, and will only eat it if is warm, so she has everything pretty much her own way.
Our absentee ballots came in the mail today, so I must study the issues, and make up my mind how to vote. I used to enjoy going down to the local polling place and meeting all of my neighbors there, and casting my vote in the little booth. Since I don't drive now, it must by done by absentee ballot.
It's wonderful to have electricity again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying reading your daily journals and picturing your day because you write well. And I will be glad to take you to the polling booth if you would like to do that, although you are probably already registered this year for absentee? let me know.

Anonymous said...

You have probably voted in a lot of elections grandma. Which president have disappointed you the most?you

Anonymous said...

looks like I better learn to type as well as proofread my comments