Saturday, November 14, 2009

trying new recipes

True to my resolve, I prepared a new recipe for dinner tonight, an exotic marinated flank steak. It had to be rolled up and marinated overnight, and broiled for a couple of minutes on both sides. I actually liked it. It was spicy and tender and cooked just right. The meal I prepared for Thursday can best be forgotten. Suffice it to say that I will never prepare it again. Tomorrow night i will make an old favorite - salmon puffs. Easy to make and i have all of the ingredients in my cupboard.
My husband loves telephones. We have one in each room in the house, two modern walk-around ones, two old touch-tone ones and one really old one with the circular dial. When they ring, whichever one of us is feeling most energetic will lunge to the nearest one to answer. Sometimes I remember back to the days when we had one telephone mounted on the wall, on a party line, and the phone would ring in a kind of code so the correct person would answer. Then the other people on the line could listen in and chime in with comments and advice if they wished to do so. When my Grandma's signal came on, I think everyone listened. Grandma was a source of advice, comfort, medical knowledge and encouragement. I never knew her to criticize or hurt anyone purposely. She was the soul of kindness.
I wonder what people will remember about me when I am no longer around? I propose to write my own obituary but I want to wait awhile longer to see if anything noteworthy happens. Who knows? I might win the lottery!
Well, time marches on.Time to push the button on the dishwasher and listen to the soothing sound of the dishes being washed and dried. Thank God for modern conveniences. Bye, keep in touch

No comments: