Friday, November 13, 2009

Moving furniture

Every now and then, I am seized with an almost irresistible urge to move the furniture around in my house. I, of course, would like to drag out all of the old furniture and replace it with new, but that is not in the plans at the moment. So today I yielded to the impulse and moved the little TV set out of the bedroom and installed it in the living room. To make room for the TV set I had to move an end table and a desk. I did this myself, as my husband reacts to change as do most husbands - with negativity and grumbling. I did it all while he was working in the garage, but when it came time to hook the TV to the cable, I was unsure of myself, and had to call him in. Since the furniture was already in place, he graciously hooked the cable up, and I now have a comfortable spot to sit in front of the fire and watch my favorite programs. We switched phones around, as well, but that is no big deal.
We are getting a little restless to travel around a little, but have no plans as of now. I think it is the approach of Christmas that is getting to us. Is it possible that another year has come and gone? Thank goodness we have pledged to not exchange gifts this year! We will make cookies, however.
Well bye and keep in touch.

3 comments:

Random Thoughts said...

Oh you dare use the C word. I am just not ready! We have been blessed with some seasonably warm weather here in New England, so I am just realizing that Turkey day is a week and a half-ish away. Oh my. I must spend more time doing my college assignment as the semester will be over before I know it.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Thanks for the comment. It warms my heart to hear from you. I'll try to get this to register, but if I fail I will respond with my next blog.

Grandma Dottie said...

Ha, ha! I got it to register,but under Anonymous. I will try again and see if I can use my blogger name. Wish me luck!