Thursday, June 4, 2009

Good news and bad

First, the good news. We finally got the bathroom floor finished. My husband put down a sheet of plywood, glued a piece of llinoleum down on top, and eased the toilet bowl down onto a new wax ring. it looks very elegant and am I ever glad that job is finished.
Now, the bad news. The very next day, after we did the floor, I fell down the step from the living room into the family room, and spent the next three or four days in bed while I recovered. I graduated to a wheel chair, then a walker, and now I am shuffling around with a cane. Thank goodness i can get around now, as my husband was getting tired of having to go back and forth fetching things for me. Since he is a dedicated multi-tasker, sometimes it took him quite a while to get back to me. I really have resolved to be more careful in future.
Also, we signed the papers to modify our mortgage terms, lowering the interest rate. I figured, why not? It only took our signatures and the deed was done.
Now, we hope that all will go serenely for awhile. The roses are in full bloom and the hydrangeas are showing color, and though we don't garden like we used to, it looks pretty nevertheless. So bye for now, and take care. I hope to hear from you.

No comments: