Friday, June 12, 2009

The good and the bad

The last couple of days have been full of little events, some good and some bad. Yesterday was notable for the fact that I left my husband to prepare dinner, and he burned it to a crisp. I had gone to work on my computer and i was alerted to a problem by the beeping of the smoke alarm. This is hardly a new event in my house, but when the din was enlarged by a series of dismayed shrieks from my husband, I knew we were in trouble. A hurried scurry into the kitchen revealed that the endire skillet of chicken and vegetables had been reduced to charred ruins. i had prepared rice earlier so we had rice for dinner. My husband is a chronic multitasker and he had gone off to do laundry while the food was cooking. When will I ever learn?
this morning was notable by the sky diving event performed by George G. W. Bush. He looked pretty good coming down but when he limped away, I could see that age has taken its toll. Barbara, however, looked great.
We spent most of the rest of the day listening to a book tape: "My Cousin Rachel." I had read it a long time ago, but it was fun to just relax and enjoy it once again.
One final event to round out the day - my $19.95 hearing aid, advertised over and over again on TV, came with the afternoon mail. Actually, it cost $50.00 when all was done, as i got the battery charger as well. It was a good thing that I did, as the battery ran down after only thirty minutes. It is not particularly bell-toned, and i found that it irritated my ear, but my husband had been urging me to order it.
Well, I am feeling a little better each day, and hope to be back to my normal self soon. Bye, all. Keep in touch.

1 comment:

Random Thoughts said...

Hope you are feeling better.