Saturday, December 6, 2008

A quiet day

What would we do without our blog spots? I usually wait until fairly late in the day, just in case something really exciting happens, and i can write about it. Today, however, has been very quiet. We actually haven't done much, except to turn down the temperature of the water in the hot water heater, just in case that was why the circuit breaker shut off. The dripping water in the kitchen sink will have to wait until we get replacement parts. Luckily, my husband is very good at fixing these little problem, with me as his eyes and with his hands being strong enough to turn things and tighten them up and so on. He used to have beautiful hands, with long, slender fingers and smooth skin. Now his old hands are gnarled and twisted, but he can still do anything he wants to do with them. When i look at my own hands i see my mother's hands from long ago.
Do we ever get used to being old? When I startle myself in the mirror, I look like an old crone. I can't believe that I am that wrinkled face looking back at me.
With great foresight, I cooked up a big batch of beef stew the other day, so we are having leftover stew for dinner tonight. It is one of the few dishes that I like as a leftover. Maybe I will pop a batch of biscuits in the oven to go along with it. (Made out of Buisquick Mix, natch!) Nowadays I do everything the easy way! bye, and take care.

1 comment:

Random Thoughts said...

To me stews always taste a little better the next day. Even if cooked in the slow cooker, eight hours of flavor is good, but 24 hours of flavor even better!