Monday, December 22, 2008

It's the little things that count

These are the things that make me happy.

A flock of chickadees landing in the old apple tree outside my family room window.

The sight of a full moon sailing across a clear sky.

A hastily scrawled note of affection from my granddaughter.

A freshly brewed cup of coffee in the morning

A rainbow arching across the sky.

Sunset over the mountain.

A whiff of fragrance from my husband's aftershave lotion.

An unexpected letter from an old friend.

Winning a hard-fought chess game on the internet.

Rocking a baby.

These little bubbles of happiness are the golden threads that hold the fabric of my life together.

This little essay was written many years ago, found lately in my collection of papers. It is as true today as it was then.

1 comment:

Random Thoughts said...

Sometimes the hustle and bustle of my every day busy life gets in the way of my noticing the little things. But then once in a while they will pop out, alert my senses, rev my emotions, this always makes me slow down for a little while and enjoy those little things again.

I love the little things!