Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A lost week

Greetings! No, I haven't passed on to the next world- I have just been incredibly lazy and have let everything go in a scandalous fashion. I did have a fun week, finishing things off by going to my little great-granddaughter's birthday party and meeting many very kind and interesting people. The memory will stay with me for a long time.
I must admit that I am feeling my age a little, having developed a very painful condition in my leg that makes it hard for me to walk or do housework (ha! ha!) so my husband has to run around waiting on me, cooking, cleaning and in general filling in as caretaker. He doesn't seem to mind - as a matter of fact he likes to cook. Why I didn't discover this sooner I will never know.
And to top off a fun week, we have our little Kaya dog again, and are enjoying her immensely. She is a people dog, following us around from room to room, and sleeping on a doggy bed in our bedroom. When she stayed with us before, she barked a lot, but has calmed down now and only barks very rarely, if someone comes in the yard. She and the cat are best friends.
I am almost getting into the Christmas spirit, but since we have all agreed that buying presents is out this year, I am finding it slow going. We are going to bake a lot of cookies and give them out as our gift to family members. and I am sending out Christmas cards. The gloomy economic picture has put a damper on shopping. Well, take care and keep in touch.

1 comment:

Random Thoughts said...

It sounds like your week did have some fun in it, that's great! I just spent the day baking (and then hand washing dishes), so that I can spread a little cheer to my coworkers. I never got around to Christmas cards this year (actually for the passed few years), so I hope to gt some New Years cards printed and mailed out. Seems more fitting to wish every one a happy NEW year!