Monday, November 24, 2008

Has the moment come?

I saw a commercial today which caused me much merriment, not to mention puzzlement. It concerned Viagara, that much touted enhancement drug without which men are not supposed to be able to function. There they were, the romantic couple, sitting side by side in bathtubs, out on the end of a pier. I could imagine the conversation that ensued:
Wife: "Are you almost ready? Has the moment come? I'm freezing out here. We're right out on the edge of the water and I'm ready to go home right now."
Husband: "I'm sorry. I'm not all that comfortable myself. Do you think we'll be able to do it in that tub anyway? I hope I don't fall in the water climbing in there with you. Let me check for a minute. No, the moment hasn't come."
They sit silently for a few moments. Wife tries to warm up by rubbing her hands up and down her legs, but to no avail. The sun is going down and it is getting downright chilly.
Wife: "Where are our clothes? We could at least get dressed. You can do it with clothes on, can't you?
Husband: " We left them back at the other end of the pier."
Wife: "I didn't want to come out here to these tubs anyway. Even if we could both get into one tub, how could we relax for the part I like best afterward? I like to be warm and cuddled up when I relax. I don't think I want to do it out here. I want to go home."
As they climb out and hurry back to their clothes, husband cheers up. The moment has come. They can do it in the back of the car. If he can talk her into it.