Thursday, March 11, 2010

My rib

Alas, i was wrong about my fall. I had indeed suffered a broken rib, found at my second appointment, and am limping around moaning and groaning. They no longer wrap broken ribs in stretchy bands, and in my case, i get no pain killer medicine, due to my other conditions. So i have a couple of weeks more of feeling sorry for myself. I am sure my husband looks forward to the days when I can get back to my housework!
We have been watching old movies about dogs, a pleasant way to spend some time. They are Turner Classic movies, and usually entertain us for a few hours in the afternoon. I plop myself down on the sofa, get as comfortable as I can, and usually take a short nap while the movie is going. My husband gives the picture his full attention and can quote action and conversation ver batum. He has the most remarkable memory one would hope to find.
Well, no news is good news. Take care and keep in touch.

1 comment:

Dieverdog said...

I hope you are ok and recovering from your fall. I really like watching old movies, too. I don't mind ones about dogs as long as the dog doesn't die at the end - I just sob and sob if that happens. I seem to be able to handle people dying in stories better than animals somehow. I wonder if that makes me a bad person. Children and animals - I just can't handle harm coming to them even if it is only a story. Well I will say again, that I hope you recover quickly from your unfortunate fall and are feeling quite fit and fine soon!