Saturday, March 20, 2010

Getting out and around

Here it is, another week gone by. I am feeling better and ventured out for a short walk down the road, for about half a block. To my surprise, our trilliums are blooming and there is a whole bank of forget-me-nots in bloom across the street. The blossoms are opening on the apple tree and the daphne bush is still in full bloom. We haven't done too much with our hydrangeas or roses this year, but they are doing well on their own. Once upon a time we spent a great deal of time here and there up and down the hill putting in terraces and planting fuchsias and lilacs along the fence, but time has taken its toll and we just haven't the energy we used to have. But I am happy to say that I am feeling better each day and look forward to the first roses and apple blossoms to appear.
I managed to cook dinner today, just a pot of chicken stew, but it was good and we ate most of it. I think Bill appreciated a brief respite from all of the household duties he's been doing lately.
Well, the mail is late today. One Saturday it didn't come until nine o"clock in the evening. I am not expecting anything but bills anyway, but some of our neighbors get quite agitated when it's late. They don't like to have to come out in the dark to the mailboxes. Bye, and take care.

No comments: