Sunday, September 19, 2010

First rain of the season

This is a perfect time to blog - a gentle rain is falling and there is a lonesome fall feeling in the air outside. Bill is getting ready to cook dinner and i am in a blogging mood. We had a visit yesterday from the Home Help evaluator, and she has decided that Bill is in very good shape (I call him Super Bill now) but that poor frail me needs assistance in my daily life. I had hoped that she meant help with household chores, like cleaning the floors and cooking, but she meant help with walking. So for two days a week a physical therapist will visit the house and teach me to walk. (and do it without falling down, I suppose). Since we are not all that busy anyway, I will be happy to see if an improvement can be made.
Actually, my leg is somewhat better, and hurts very little. I vow never to fall down again.
I hear that the family reunion was a lot of fun, and wish that i could some day attend. Since we don't fly anymore, though, it isn't likely to happen. I look forward to the new family tree discs with great anticipation. Thank you, Paula, for all of your hard work getting them researched and assembled.
This is the time of year when the redwood trees shed their fronds and the yard and decks are covered with brown leaves, even though Bill blew them away yesterday. As i wrote above, it feels like fall has come already.
What are we having for dinner? Corned beef hash and egg, and wilted cabbage on the side. Yum, yum! If i don't have to cook it, I'll eat it! Keep in touch, I'll try to be more regular in future.

No comments: