Friday, July 16, 2010

a trip to the hospital

I will write a little while dinner cooks. It is left-over spaghetti sauce and spaghetti, and my husband is watching to see that nothing burns. The poor man had to be rushed to the emergency hospital yesterday because he was shaking uncontrollably and his speech was slurred, and after waiting for three hours the doctor finally examined him and found that he had pneumonia. I wanted them to keep him there overnight, but they kept him until nine o'clock and sent him on home. He is feeling much better and seems to be bouncing back as usual. Being home is more comfortable, of course.
The reason we are having spaghetti and leftover sauce tonight is because the pork chops I had planned to cook smelled so bad that I threw them out. The spaghetti and sauce was delicious and I still have a little left over. We plan to watch the bicycle race in France this evening, it gets quite intense. Bye for now - keep in touch.

No comments: