Thursday, July 29, 2010

A costly error

Yesterday I made a costly mistake, which I am afraid can't be rectified. I inadvertently signed up for a lifetime membership in a veterans organization, at a cost of $97.00, intending to sign up for a month at $9.00. When i realized my mistake, I tried to cancel and they signed me up again! I had given them my charge card number and they immediately entered it into my account. Although I called the B. of A. and contested the charge, they told me that I would have to deal with the Veterans Organization. Repeated telephone calls to them and an E-Mail letter brought no result. I think I am going to have to pay it. Of course it is not an earthshaking event, but I think I got duped. I have canceled my charge cards, of course, and have learned a lesson, I hope.
On a happier note, we had eggplant parmesan tonight, and it turned out very well. Since i didn't cook it, I enjoyed it very much.
I finished printing up my Arlington Hall memoirs, and will have them bound down at the local print shop. I used up all of my black ink and a bunch of paper, so I wonder if it would have been cheaper to have the print shop do it, but it is too late now.
We are awaiting a call from UCMed regarding my husband's aneurysm, and will keep all of you posted. Bye and keep in touch.

No comments: